The J Street Conference: Where’s the Outrage? – ‘…I think I understand Jeremy Ben-Ami’s method. Let’s say I go back to the U.S. and organize a conference of Likud USA. I invite a group such as Kahane Chai — followers of the late rabbi Meir Kahane, who called for the expulsion of all Arabs from Israel — and grant its executive director the podium for a speech. Raised eyebrows? I explain that Likud USA is committed to having an open conversation, including parties with which it disagrees. The difference, of course, is that I wouldn’t get away with it. The whole Jewish world, and not a little of the non-Jewish world, would be in an uproar. It would be said that Likud USA’s — and even the Israeli Likud Party’s — mask had been lifted, that those claiming all along it was really a radical-nationalist movement had been vindicated. There would be calls for new elections in Israel, and even for outlawing Likud as a racist party…’
- Martin Solomon in Bigot Toilets - "Thanks much. Good to see you around as well. "
- SnoopyTheGoon in Bigot Toilets - "Nice to see you back. Good start, too."
- Mark Nystedt in Bigot Toilets - "I'm a lesbian trapped in a man's body. They're gonna make a three dollar bill, Who's pic should it..."
- Kindi in Juden Raus – The Board Game - "Hahaha! It's Blokus - the kids all adore it, even if they don't really play by the rules... Adults love..."
- arabian in Hiatus - "Hi Solomon, Its been a long time!! Hope you return to blogging again very soon. (seriously) With all..."
Archives Prior to Jan. 16, 2011
For all content prior to Jan. 16, 2011, including searches, head over to the archived site.
Subscribe to Solomonia for Free or Make a Donation
Do you enjoy this site? Would you like to see it continue? Running this site is not free, considering both internet costs and the costs of lost time and other opportunities. All good things eventually come to an end. Help encourage me to continue this good thing by making a contribution. Click the logo below to make a donation through PayPal. If you would prefer another method, please feel free to contact me. I thank you in advance.