Leon Wieseltier: American Liberals and the Streets of Cairo – ‘…the Obama administration, and American liberals more generally, have been caught intellectually unprepared for this crisis. The administration’s predicament, it must be said, is strategically complicated: since Mubarak may fall, it cannot afford to alienate the protestors, but since the protestors may fail, it cannot afford to alienate Mubarak. Our officials have been improvising, not altogether brilliantly…Obama replaced the freedom agenda with an acceptance agenda. His foreign policy has been conducted in a vigorously multicultural spirit…It was a terrible mistake for Obama to make democratization seem like an “imposition,” with its imperialist implications, and to conflate it with military invasion. The promotion of democracy is a policy of support for indigenous Egyptian, or Arab, or Muslim democrats who are just as authentic as Egyptian, or Arab, or Muslim autocrats and theocrats, and certainly more deserving of American respect…’
- lgnetworksinc.com in Psychiatrists Boycott Annual Meeting Over Desmond Tutu Invitation - "It's not just his anti-Israel remarks, but speak to South Africans who remember him for his antisemitic remarks before he..."
- Nita in Why Are They So Insecure? - "Please we careful when you refer to all of us, moslems as "they". Remember that there are 1.4 billion of..."
- Carol in Juden Raus – The Board Game - "Does anyone know if this game can be purchased still? It would work for a school project for me. ..."
- Mal in Benny Morris Takes Ilan Pappe to the Woodshed and Beyond - "Benny Morris "Israel's Human Chameleon Strikes Again" http://www.americanthinker.com/2011/07/israels_hu... "
- GEORGE TICE in Scoop: Egyptian Muslim Brotherhood Explains How It Will Get Rid of Peace Treaty with Israel - "THE MUSLIM BROTHERHOOD HAS A CHANCE TO MAKE PEACE IN THE MIDEAST IF THEY CONTINUE TO LIVE BY THE SWORD..."
Elsewhere on the Web
Archives Prior to Jan. 16, 2011
For all content prior to Jan. 16, 2011, including searches, head over to the archived site.
Subscribe to Solomonia for Free or Make a Donation
Do you enjoy this site? Would you like to see it continue? Running this site is not free, considering both internet costs and the costs of lost time and other opportunities. All good things eventually come to an end. Help encourage me to continue this good thing by making a contribution. Click the logo below to make a donation through PayPal. If you would prefer another method, please feel free to contact me. I thank you in advance.